Pack your warmest clothes, because you’re going on an adventure to observe some of the Arctic’s most unique animals! This Toob includes a harp seal, husky, caribou, Arctic rabbit, killer whale, walrus, Arctic fox, beluga whale, polar bear, and an igloo for you to stay in.
- History: The Arctic is best characterized by cold winters and cool summers, and most of the precipitation comes in the form of snow. While the region is cold enough by itself, it’s also incredibly windy with wind chills of up to -90 degrees Fahrenheit (-68 Celsius). Because of this and the relative lack of fauna in non-tundra regions, many are surprised to learn that the Arctic actually supports a large number of species.
- Characteristics: Although it may not seem so at a glance due to how barren it is, the Arctic is actually a well populated ecosystem. This Toob will help you learn about all the amazing adaptions these species have developed, like the Arctic fox’s keenly honed hearing that allows it to hear prey moving under the snow, in order to live in such a harsh, unforgiving environment. These mini figures make great Montessori toys to learn about different natural habitats around the world!
- Size: 1.5 inches long, 1.5 inches wide, and 12.8 inches tall, this Toob is a bit larger than the size of a standard American ruler and contains 10 figurines that range from 1.25 to 3.75 inches tall.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- 10 pieces per TOOB®. Contents Cannot Be Purchased Individually.
Out of stock